Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Motel


Is it the end of the world?
I looked around,weary
to see nothing.
a battle for survival
with everything contaminated.
With my bottle empty,
I was alone in the road
with my head heavy,
and my sight dim.
I had to stop for the night.
A cool wind blew my hair apart.
There she stood
in the entrance
of that trail motel
with her lips glowing red
broadcasting for survivors
Is it heaven or a hell?
I'd made my decision
she lighted the candle.
I saw somebody dancing,
in the courtyard.
I was stunned..
"How could they..?"
I was interrupted.
"some dance to remember,
others to forget"
We're the slaves
of our own device.
She filled the glass.
I made my throat wet.
We gathered for the dinner
to see someting strange
in my plate.
I stabbed it with my knives,
But I couldn't kill it.
I couldn't stay for long.
She filled my bottles
"Thanks for the courtesy"
I couldn't thank her more.
I ran for the door,
to find the passage back
to the place I was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment