Sunday, January 16, 2011

The bridge


Yes! It is the bridge,
Too old with cracks,
With devouring waters underneath.
I couldn't control my eyes,
The turbulence of the waters!
It gushes to swallow,
Every prey which falls.
Curios eyes

I started the journey,
With a determined mind,
I saw many resting in the midway,
I blamed them,Am I too pompous?
Others, too energetic made mistakes to ruin.
No!I can't be callous,
I need to be cautious.

Am I little sluggish?
Destination demands pace.
The sun is at the horizon,
Night is treacherous.
I ought to move fast.
With a weary mind,
I looked at my destination.
(Am I a stargazer?No,I'm not)

From where I am
I looked at that extremity,
With my feet exhausted,
With my head heavy,
I am nowhere,
There are people ahead,
Approaching the target.

This is not my place,
My home is there afar,
My friends are there,awaiting,
For me to join them.
From here I can see,
That crown with emeralds and ruby,
With my name imprinted.

I need to run fast,
This is where I ought not be.

2 comments: